American Excelsior Company is an industry leader in many markets with erosion control, evaporative cooling, animal bedding, and other wood fiber products. We are a progressive, growth, and community-oriented manufacturer in Rice Lake, Wisconsin
We are seeking qualified applicants for:
Support technical service activities for American Excelsior Company (AEC) including ErosionLab®, the company’s large-scale erosion, and sediment control research and development laboratory. Obtains data through the lab for use by environmental, engineering, and scientific personnel in determining sources and methods of controlling pollutants in the air, water, and soil. Confers with Application Engineers and other sources, in the application of principles, methods, and techniques of soil erosion testing technology. Writes technical papers and test reports and travels across the country, to represent the company and present findings. Evaluates data on performance of existing, new, and competitive erosion and sediment control products, for determining methods of improving these products. Works to meet division objectives and strategic plans to help financial profitability by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Technical Marketing
- Promotes lab results through professional papers and presentations at national conferences such as IECA, StormCon, and ASCE and regional conferences to support Territory Managers.
- Positions AEC strategically in the erosion and sediment control arena through active representation and participation in industry organizations.
- Conduct in-person presentations and webinars.
- Writes case studies and other technical documents.
- Supports AEC technical services including, but not limited to:
- Product approval applications
- ErosionWorks® design software program
- Technical marketing
- All testing and research projects conducted at ErosionLab and the quality and organization of all resultant data
- Technical support to the Earth Science and Wood Fibers Divisions
- Operation of testing facility
- Travels by vehicle or airplane.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, and establishing personal networks.
- Other duties may be assigned.
College degree in engineering, earth sciences, or other related fields preferred - or equivalent experience.
Communication, Self-Motivated, Attention to Detail, Technical Writing, Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis, Statistics, Project Design & Management, Problem Solving, Professional Presentations, Flexibility, Regularly Lift and/or Move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 90 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, may be exposed to outside weather conditions. Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Pre-employment drug screening/physical assessments and a background check are a condition of employment.
||401K Retirement Savings Plan
||Short & Long Term Disability
401K Savings Plan starts immediately with Company Match. Health, Dental, and Life Insurance begins after one month. Paid Vacation starts after 6 months and Long Term Disability starts after one year in the Plan.
||Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
American Excelsior Company is is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.