We are seeking qualified applicants for the 1st or 2nd shift: FOAM FABRICATION DEPARTMENT PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR American Excelsior Company is actively seeking a Production Supervisor to join our foam fabrication team in our brand new 60,000 sq ft facility. This position offers competitive wages, great benefits, and many opportunities for individual advancement. Our company has been around for over 130 years- offering stability, growth, and success to each of our associates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in lean manufacturing, quality assurance, inventory control, environmental health & safety, housekeeping, continuous improvement, succession planning, and developmental/training opportunities for associates.
- Generates and studies production work orders; plans utilization of resources (workforce & equipment) and produces schedules for completion of jobs.
- Establishes, adjusts, and controls the execution of work order procedures and production processes to meet schedules & achieve objectives.
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects raw materials.
- Interprets specifications, prints, and work orders for employees; assigns duties.
- Analyzes and resolves production challenges, or coaches/assists employees in solving production challenges.
- Initiates or suggests measures to improve working conditions, production methods, workflow, equipment performance, quality of product, and efficiency of department or workforce.
- Reviews production costs and budgets; modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance the profitability of operations.
- Capable of performing and training all necessary activities of associates supervised.
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- TECHNOLOGICAL SKILLS: Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word; ability to work with various types of measurement devices preferred. SyteLine or SalesForce software experience is beneficial.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate is regularly required to both sit and stand; use hands or fingers, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment is generally dusty.
- Competitive starting wage is dependent upon experience
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 401K with Company Match
- Access to Medical/Dental/Vision Plans coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D), and more!
401K Savings Plan starts immediately with Company Match. Health, Dental, and Life Insurance begins after one month. Paid Vacation starts after 6 months and Long Term Disability starts after one year in the Plan. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.